The following is an overview of the OBA Bat Rules. For more detailed information, please see Baseball Ontario Bat Rules. If you have any questions about bats, please contact us to get clarification, BEFORE purchasing bats.
- Any certified bat (USSSA BPF 1.15, USA Baseball) which is drop 10 or less is allowed. The official rules use the word “metal” but composite bats meeting meeting the rest of the requirements are commonly used.
- Most players use 2 5/8 diameter bats, but the maximum legal diameter is 2 3/4
- Wood* bats are also allowed, although few players this age use them in game except in designated wood bat tournaments.
For Minor Bantam and above:
- Only wood* bats may be used.
* Wood bats include: bamboo bats and wood composite bats. Wood composite bats include wood bats with fibreglass sheathing and wood barrelled bats with composite handles. Wood composite bats do not include any bat that has a metallic component.